In an extremely competitive Australian market, attracting new customers can be a major challenge. For this reason, if you have an Australian business, you should have to strive hard to build a strong online local presence as getting your website achieve a higher ranking on local search results is one of the most effective means of reaching your potential customers and clients and increasing your chance of getting more conversions like buying your products or availing your offered services. So if you’re not optimising for local search then you’ll be losing a lot of traffic to your website which can possibly be converted into sales or leads.
As part of Local Search Engine Optimisation Australia campaign, getting many citations and good reviews from different trusted Australian Business Directories is considered as one of the most helpful ways to gain a competitive edge against same local business around the area.
So What is a Citation?
A citation is a local listing which includes your business name, address and phone number preferably from trusted or credible sites in your industry. This information helps search engines validate your business and categorize it as valuable part of local community. The more of them you can obtain from high authority sites, the better your website will rank on local search results.
Here are some recommended sources for Australian small and large businesses to target to increase local citations which can be helpful to improve your local search engine rankings.
Top 10 Citation Sources for Australian Business
- Truelocal (www.Truelocal.com.au) – is an online directory that helps Australian businesses develop a strong web presence and connect them to the right customers. Every month, it has 8.6 million business searches across TrueLocal network so listing your website in this Australian Directory can help increase your targeted visitors. It’s also a good place to get reviews from your happy customers!
- Startlocal (www.startlocal.com.au) – is an Australian business directory & Local Search Engine with over 1.2 million businesses. It also offers free listings to all Australian businesses where they can add their contact and local information (Google Map) so Australian users can easily find your business. It also allows you to specify your business specialties and detailed business description so your new customers know exactly whey they should choose you. You can also upload up to 4 images to visually show your offered services or products.
- HotFrog (www.Hotfrog.com.au) – is an online business directory ideal for Australian business of any size needing to promote their offered services and products. It lets you create your business profile including your full contact details, detailed business description and unlimited product and service information.
- Flying Solo (www.flyingsolo.com.au) is a well-known local/niche specific forum for Australian small business owners. It has a business directory where people can list their name, address, phone number, website and other details about their business for Free or Premium Account.
- Australian Business Listing (www.australia-business-listing.com.au) -provides Australian businesses with free business listings directories. It serves Australian business community to promote their products and services, across Australia. It lets you add your contact number and business location provided with Google Maps. It also provides your website to include your site description and add 1 image to let customers know what your business is all about and encourage them to click your business listing.
- ComeonAussie (www.comeonaussie.com) is a dofollow searchable directory that showcases Australian Business websites.
- Melbourne BD (www.melbournebd.com.au) is Melbourne’s largest Business Directory and includes a free website builder for local business. It has a completely free business directory listing where businesses can list their business name, address and phone, business description, website address, email contact form and add news and/ or products and services.
- DLook (www.dlook.com.au) – is an Australian Local Business Directory with over 1.5 million listings online. With its free listing, you can able to include your business contact details, location, site description and trading hours.
- Google Local Business Listing or Google Places is Google’s own local business listings. It is a free local platform that helps businesses proactively reach customers and build a great relationship with them.
- LinkedIn is a business-related social networking site that is mainly used for professional networking. It has over 100 million users representing over 200 countries around the world.
Making sure that you have a presence everywhere your potential customers might find you is critical to any local SEO Australia marketing plan. Don’t wait, add your local business to these Australian Business directories today! Are there any reliable local directories I missed? Let us know in the comments below!
Posted by Professional SEO
“Premium SEO Solutions is an Australian SEO Company that delivers ethical, result-oriented and cost-effective Search Engine Optimization Services to our clients. Choose from any of our SEO Packages that’s right for your business. Keep on visiting our SEO Blog for more interesting SEO articles and news or subscribe to our Feeds to receive updates via Email”