There are already millions of internet users nowadays, of which more than 90% are using search engines in their search for products and services. Moreover, there is also the steadily increasing number of Google+ users which is now in millions.
In order to leverage this situation, Search Engine Optimisation Experts recommend that brands and businesses nowadays should leverage the power of Google’s newest local business listing with a social twist, the Google+ Local.
What is Google+ Local?
Integrating Google Places into Google+ Pages, Google+ Local is Google’s latest attempt in helping local businesses connect with the millions of Google+ users while helping their users improve the way they discover new businesses, rediscover places they love, and providing them a chance to share these places with their friends across the web.
Google+ Local is also integrated with Zagat’s expressive 30-point scoring system that will provide detailed insight into businesses before you visit, and Zagat summaries of user reviews that are aimed to help you decide where you want to go.
What are Google+ Local Features and Benefits?
With Google+ Local, local businesses:
- Can easily highlight the things that make their business truly unique – Google+ Local features a new layout and design for the listing for your business, though you can still find available all your basic business information. But the layout of your business info is streamlined, putting more focus on photos and reviews, which will enable you the chance to emphasize the things that will set you apart from the competition.
- Can easily be found across Google search, maps, mobile and Google+ – Google+ Local now integrates your Google Places listings with Google+ Pages under one listing, connecting your local business to the millions of people on Google+ around the world.
- Can easily be recommended by your customers to their friends or even to the rest of the world with a review – Google+ Local now uses Zagat’s time-tested 30-point scale scoring system and has Zagat summaries of user reviews. Thru these, your happy customers can easily refer or recommend your business to their circles of friends, or tell the world about it with a review.
- Continue to manage through Google Places for Business – Google+ Local enables business owners to continue to manage their information in Google Places for Business. You are still allowed to verify your basic listing data, make updates, and respond to reviews.
With Google+ Local, you can:
- get place recommendations and reviews based on your circles (friends on G+), your past reviews, and your location
- easily share and post reviews and photos of your favourite places
- easily find and read Zagat summaries of user reviews for a place you are interested in
- easily find and see the local Google+ page for a business if you need to see reviews, photos, and other useful information
- easily find and read reviews from your circle of friends or people you know and trust highlighted in your search results
- find locations of local businesses by searching or exploring
- make reservations for a place you like
How to Use Google+ Local?
To find locations in Google+ Local by searching or exploring, you must first be signed in to Google+.
- To Search: At the top of your Google+ Page, you will see two search boxes. In the first box, you can enter what you’re searching for. Bear in mind to use your main search terms, like a type of location (Italian restaurants, or hotels) or enter specific terms or features about a place, like a “macaroni and cheese” or “good for families.” In the second box, you can type where you’re searching. You can type locations such as cities, zip codes, neighbourhoods, or even street intersections.
- To Explore: In the left-hand menu, you will see an explore icon (), click on it. This will automatically redirect you to an overview of places to explore based on your current location, or near a location you search for. Recommended places are based on your reviews, check-ins, and suggestions from top reviewers.
- To Make Reservations: Reservations for a place can be made using OpenTable right from Google+ Local. If a business offers online reservations, a Make a reservation button will be seen in the right-hand section of its Google+ Local page. Take note that you may need to scroll down the page to find it. When clicking Make a reservation, just follow the instructions that appear to finish booking with OpenTable.
Posted by PremiumSEOSolutions.com.au:
“An Australia Search Engine Optimisation Company that delivers Result-Oriented SEO Services. Let us help you analyze your website to determine issues that may be preventing your site from ranking well in search engines.