In this advanced digital world of the internet, with increasing reliance of people on search, both desktop and mobile, in looking for products and services, as well as the importance of social activity and visibility only growing, Google has provided a helpful and functional tool for online businesses and search engine optimisation experts, aimed in helping them with their social engagement and visibility.
Initially Google had Given us:
Google+ Business Pages – a functionality that is part of Google Plus that enables the creation of Google+ accounts or business pages of companies that includes the same Google+ social features such as hangouts, sharing articles and news, posting photos, and commenting on all the information.
Google+ Local Pages – the newly-rebranded Google Places where you can see a company’s Zagat scores, map, and a description of the business complete with contact information and hours of operation.
Until now, these pages are said to have been interchangeably used, so it can be a bit confusing for beginners and have created even more work for marketers, webmasters and seo experts alike.
Fortunately, Google has recently announced that, for businesses that have both a G+ business profile and a G+ local page, you will now be able to merge your Google+ Business page with your Google+ Local page to have the Google+ Local information with all the social features of Google+ on the same page, enabling you to combine the best of Google+ Local with Google+ Business Pages on the same page.
With these, you will not only be able to keep all your company information consistent across the network and to stay organized in one place, but also your business’ presence across Google Search, Google Maps, and Google+ will be unified. Above all else, you will be able to remain in control of both the Local Page as well as the Business Page through verification and manage this page from Google+ Pages admin.
Here is the Step-by-Step Process of Merging Google + Business Page and Google + Local Page:
- Login to your Google+ Business page as a manager. First you have to make sure that you are the manager for this page. Then click the unverified icon found on the immediate right of your business name. A notification box will pop up, showing you a warning if you neglected to make all required fields available for public view so you have to double check them. Non-public fields can be fixed by changing the visibility of the specific fields noted.
- After making the appropriate field(s) public or they already are, click on the unverified icon again. Another box will then appear, with a “Verify now” button. Click this.
- You will then see likely choices of similar Google+ pages that are shown on Google Search and Maps. You have to choose your business to associate with your +Business Page by clicking on your correct address that is showed. Then click “continue to verify”.
- You will then be asked to agree to the terms and conditions, please click the box. And you are also given the option of entering a contact name and modifying your listing data. Once done, click Request postcard again. Your postcard should arrive within a week or so.
- Take note that Google will send you an actual envelope which contains the details on how can verify your Google Business Listing. So wait for this.
- Once, you’ve received the card, you will see your requested pin and it will instruct you to go to google.com/local/verify/.
- In the google.com/local/verify/ page, you are then presented with the option to enter your PIN. Enter your pin listed on the postcard then click submit.
- Take note, while waiting for the postcard to be verified, the public view of the page and the unverified icon will no longer be visible. For managers of the +Business page, you will see a note that the verification is pending or in progress.
“We are Australia’s trusted SEO Company that delivers result-oriented and ethical SEO Services. Let us help you analyze your website to determine issues that may be preventing your site from ranking well in search engines.
Posted by: Lyka Winnett