Search Engine Optimization is not just only about having high-quality contents and compelling title tags and meta descriptions, but it’s also about having high quality backlinks. This is why search engine optimization experts make use of Backlink Checker tools.
Backlink Checker tools can help SEOs in their effective link building campaign such as getting the necessary backlink data as well as providing them a means of monitoring and tracking their client’s link popularity, enabling them to keep their client’s website to stay on top of their backlink game and ultimately getting ranked highly in SERPs as well as maintaining their high rankings.
Here are the Top 5 SEO Tools for Checking Backlinks:
Considered as the best back link analysis tool by many professional SEOs, Open Site Explorer (OSE) is a free third generation Linkscape but with a more upgraded feature and sleeker look that functions to pull backlink data from its huge collection of web pages (which is about 51 billion pages, 9.2 trillion links).
This new Search Engine for Links from SEOmoz provides date on four domain measurements on every URL it analyzes. These are:
- Page Authority. This can provide you predictions of a page’s ranking potential in the search engines based on an algorithmic combination of all link metrics.
- Domain Authority. This can provide you predictions of a domain’s ranking potential in the search engines also based on an algorithmic combination of all link metrics.
- Linking Root Domains. These provides you the number of unique root domains (e.g. *.example.com) that contain at least one linking page to an URL/domain
- Total Links. These provide the total links that are linking to a page including internal, external, followed and nofollowed.
OSE also provides data on four social media counts such as how many likes, shares, G+1′s and tweets a domain receives which are not factored into the Authority scores but is useful in monitoring your social media campaign.
Essentially a paid service, though with some tools available for free, this checker provides you with a quick summary or a detailed report of your own sites as well as any other sites/URLs’ real-time backlink data from its wide range of SERP’s base (which uses about 125,000,000 keywords from 37 countries), enabling you to visually compare several sites as well as export these reports in CSV for further analysis.
Having its own bot and index crawling billions of pages every day from its stored trillion website connections, OCS offers several tools for link research, such as:
- Site Explorer. Provides overview and stats of external backlinks, new backlinks, lost backlinks, anchors, crawled pages, referring domains, HTTP status codes, and Raw data export.
- SERPs Analysis. Provides position and ads analysis, daily stats, daily stats table and history of changes.
- Reports. Provides a report list, Own Domain and Standard report, report filters, Raw Export report.
- Labs tools. These includes Ahrefs Top, Domain Comparison which shows the increase of links to a domain, Chart Comparison which compares several domains, and Batch Analysis which analyses batches of domains/URLs, providing total backlinks count, referring domains and IPs.
3. Majestic SEO
This tool provides 4 levels of access with one being free and limited, while the others being grouped by the amount of reports/access to their API needed.
Here is its list of the tools/functions:
- Site Explorer. This allows you to explore a domain/URL in great detail, providing you with top level backlink information which can help you to be able to understand the make-up of links to any given website.
- Backlink History Checker. This tool enables SEOs to determine the number of backlinks detected for given domains, subdomains or URLs.
- Link Map Reports. This enables registered users to create in-depth link reports (Advanced Reports and Standard Reports) for domains they own for free from the “My Reports” screen, just by uploading a zero size file to the root directory of a domain.
- Bulk Backlinks Checker. A valuable time saver tool, this provides stats of external backlink counts for many domains.
- Clique Hunter. This will find all of the ‘cliques’ that link to a list of domains.
This enables you to view, classify, and download comprehensive data about internal and external links to your site with the use of their new link reporting tools. The “Links to your site” provides you all the domains that have links to pages on your site, ranked based on the total number of “links” to your site.
The “download all links report” will provide you a list of external links to your sites ranked based on the PageRank that is actually flowing from the site.
Provides a Backlinks Report that enables you to see backlink data for the searched domain, such as:
- Number of Total Backlinks and Found Backlinks
- Page Title where the link is located
- The URL of the page where the link is located
- Identify nofollow backlinks (nofollow links are strikethrough)
- The target URL (the landing page of the link)
- Link Anchor Text
- Date the last time the backlink was seen
“We are a trusted SEO Company in Australia that provides cost-effective SEO Packages. Let us help you analyze your website to determine issues that may be preventing your site from ranking well in search engines.