Pinterest, the latest craze of the social media club scene, has been making tsunami waves not only in the world of social media but also among webmasters, bloggers and search engine optimization experts.
What is Pinterest?
Pinterest is a visual bookmarking tool that enables its members to pin images of interest from content they find interesting on the web into their Pinterest pin board. These pinned images can be shared with their friends and followers on Pinterest, and with their followers on Twitter and friends on Facebook.
- It has now become one of the hottest social marketing tools, bringing in more traffic to websites than LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube put together (according to a study by Lemon.ly, a visual marketing firm).
- As of December 2011, Pinterest has also become the fastest stand alone site ever to reach 10 million monthly unique visitors, hitting the top 10 in most used social networks, competing with social giants like Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
- Pinterest has also become most popularly used by brands and businesses in promoting themselves, generating them more traffic and sales, as well as by women in creating virtual pin boards relating to design, fashion, beauty, memorable blog posts, craft projects, and recipes.
- A recent study by SteelHouse revealed that “Pinterest users are nearly twice as likely to purchase than Facebook users.”
So, with these in mind, it’s no wonder that Pinterest is now being used by many SEO Service providers and bloggers as a way to generate a lot of referral traffic back to their blog as well as help to increase their search engine rankings.
How to use Pinterest for Promoting your Blog?
- Add in Unique Eye-Catching Images on Your Posts. Pinterest is a highly visual site, primarily using images pinned into visual pinboards. So you must include unique attention-grabbing relevant images related to each of your blog post. Make sure that the image reflects your post’s message and fit the overall theme of your blog. Include also a catchy tagline with each image that will link back to your blog.
- Make Connections with Your Audience. Make use of popular themes that will attract traffic to your blog. Make sure to pin images from your blog and images from other relevant blogs that will attract the curiosity and interest of users to click and follow your boards.
- Make Friends with Other Pinterest Users. Just like other social media sites, users of Pinterest can follow their friends’ boards and share images with each other. So make sure to find other users on Pinterest who share your interests and interact with them. By following other Pinterest users, this will increase the number of people who see your profile and any pins you’ve made of your own site. Make sure also that your profile is up to date with your blog’s current website address.
- Respond to Pinterest Comments. Users are allowed to comment on individual pins. Just like your blog comments, you must reply to these Pinterest comments left on your pins. To broaden this interaction, you could also visit the Pinterest boards of those visitors who leave comments and leave them comments as well. In this way, you are developing a connection and rapport with another user which may lead more traffic to your site.
- Integrate Your Site with Pinterest. Make sure to include the special “pin it” button on each of your post to integrate your site directly with Pinterest. By having this, you are making it easier for users who are logged into Pinterest to immediately add your post to their boards. This will also further increase your traffic flow as your posts will now also be seen by other Pinterest users following your visitor’s boards. You can learn the coding for this button on the Pinterest website.
- Display Your Blog. Pin some of your own blog posts on your pinboard. However, don’t overdo it as promoting your website exclusively may annoy some visitors. Instead, just make sure to highlight some of your best posts from your blog’s archives. This is a great way of getting new readers to some of your favorite items from your blog.
If you’re thinking of hiring an Australian SEO Company that can help you take your business to the next level, then take a look at the different custom SEO Packages we offer. We can help you increase your search engine rankings as well as receive more clicks from search engines, providing your site with more organic targeted traffic.
Posted by: Lyka Winnett