FOR AUSTRALIAN SMALL BUSINESSES, promoting and marketing your business is an ongoing challenge, most especially if you have a limited budget.
Luckily if you’re looking for ways to stretch your small business marketing budget, there are still plenty of options available to market your website without requiring your credit card, just time investment.
1. Create a Plan of Attack
First is identifying who are your best prospective customers and then determining the best approach to reach them. Try to be as specific as possible. Really pin down who your best prospects are. Are they the pregnant women or the working moms in their 30s? Can you find them in Twitter or Facebook? Make a list and don’t forget to refer to them before starting any new marketing tactic.
2. Make Sure to Claim, Verify, and Update your Google Local Business listing
With Google favoring sites with local modifier as well as Google Local Listings being integrated into Google+, this is extremely important.
3. Claim and Set up a Free listing for your Business in other search engine local directories
You can set this at Bing.com/local/; and listings.local.yahoo.com/. Make sure to include your website link and business description.
4. Claim and Set up your Business Profile or Page Up on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter
Make sure that you include in your business a good description, keywords and a link to your website. Search for groups or conversations that are talking about your type of products or services and make sure to participate in the conversations. However, according to SEO Experts, make sure that you are not spamming them with constant promos for what you sell as these will irritate them.
5. Create a Google+ Page for your Business and Make Sure to follow businesses that are related to your product or service niche
Then, also make sure to encourage and attract them to engage with you by sharing informative and relative content and link to your profile from your website. Also consider allowing users to +1 your content on a page by page basis.
6. Search for a niche social media site that is relevant to your exact business and participate
Make sure to be helpful, provide information that is relevant and useful. And this way, you can grow your word of mouth advertising from that engagement. For example, if your business is into travel or hospitality, then join and participate in Tripadvisor.com forums. Look for your niche or service plus forums to find ideas. If you can’t find a forum out there, consider starting one.
7. Set up joint benefit with local businesses or others in your niche
In this way, this, according to SEO Australia company, can help you reach other audiences you never did before. Make sure that your user will find the information that you are providing beneficial as they shop and purchase every time you link to a resource, or request a link or listing on another site.
8. Post Press releases. You can use these best free press release sources:
9. Don’t forget to send the press release to your local media outlets, or any niche media outlets that seems to be interested in what you are doing.
10. Set up and verify a Webmaster Central Account at Google as well as in Bing. In this way, you will be able to keep track and see how your site is performing in these search engines.
11. Make a comment and provide information and opinion that are original, well thought-out, relevant, and help on blogs that are relevant to your website’s topic and don’t forget to leave your URL. Though a nofollow tag is attached, you can still get a bit of traffic and some credibility as an authority on the subject matter.
12. Create and update your XML sitemap and upload it to Google Webmaster Tools and Bing Webmaster Tools
Don’t also forget to write unique HTML page titles for all of your pages.
All of these are extremely important, according to providers of SEO services, as these will enable your website pages to be crawled and indexed in the search engines.
Posted by PremiumSEOSolutions.com.au:
“Not satisfied with your site’s performance? We encourage you to take our FREE SEO Audit to let us help you identify issues that may be preventing your site from ranking well in search engines! You may evaluate our Search Engine Rankings and see how our site ranks on Google Australia search results.